This article will go into detail about Ejanma, covering its main characteristics, goals, advantages, how to get birth and death certificates, the services available through the portal, how to login into the portal, download certificates, check the status of your application, and a lot more.
Highlights of Ejanma
|Karnataka government’s Office of the Chief Registrar of Births and Deaths
|Data Managed by
|Directorate of Economics and Statistics, Govt. of KarnatakaState Karnataka
|Implementation Year of Phase I
|Users of the portal
|Registrar/Operators (Primary Users) Public (Secondary User)
An overview of eJanMa
eJanMa is an online platform maintained by the Karnataka government that offers data on all digitally recorded births, deaths, and stillbirths in the state. Through this service, residents may get the required certificates and record births and deaths.
JanMa, which is overseen by the Karnataka government’s Directorate of Economics and data, is one of the main components that guarantees the accuracy of the state’s birth and death data. It is an online portal that the public may use to gather information as well as operators and officials using it to enter information.
Ejanma Karnataka Portal Objective
The main objective of the Karnataka government’s eJanma portal was to electronically record birth and death certificates. There are several benefits to providing services online. The Karnataka government is not worried about data loss because data is now safe and secure online. The state of Karnataka’s Ejanma portal is a digital initiative that removes several offline or manual activities, such as data deletion and data searching, in addition to storing data online. Any birth or death certificate can have its details found using an online search engine by an operator. But imagine the identical situation as a manual process where searching through a single page would take a long time and effort.
Benefits Of The Ejanma Karnataka
Some of the principal benefits of Ejanma Karnataka include the following:
- Residents and the government may now sign up for the portal with ease.
- Having a single place for the entire state improves consistency.
- It is suggested that the registration process be transparent.
- preservation of digital birth and death records
- saving time for users and citizens alike
- Reduction in physical labor and data processing (for operators)
- The state’s rural and urban areas are both accessible.
- In the state of Karnataka, citizen registration is governed by the RBD Act (1969) and the Karnataka Birth and Death Rules (1999).
Services Offered By Portal
The Portal offers several noteworthy services, some of which are listed below.:
- Birth Certificate Verification
- Application Status
- Caste Certificate Verification
- Login Window for operators
- Vital Statistics Report
- Registration Details
- Offline PDF forms
Documents Required For Ejanma Portal
You can review the details of all the necessary documents provided below in order to complete the Ejanma Death/Birth Registration.
- For Birth Registration
- Date & Time of Birth
- Name of Child
- Father & Mother Name
- Details of Mother’s Residence
- Name & Address of the Informants
- Hospital Name & Address
- Place of Birth
- Parent’s Address at the time of birth
- Permanent Address of child
- For Death Registration
- Death Date & Time
- Name of the dead person
- Name of Husband or Wife
- Permanent Address of Deceased
- Father & Mother Name
- Place of Death (Hospital, House, Other Places, Not Stated)
- Name & Address of the Informants
- Details of Residence of the deceased
- The deceased’s address when they passed away
How to Register an Application for a Birth or Death Certificate
Let’s now look at how to register or apply for a certificate of birth, death, or stillbirth, as shown below.
- Visit the eJanma Karnataka official website.
- Click on the “registration” option that shows up on the page.
- Once you have enter fill your personal details like
- email address
- phone number
- Aadhar number.
- After completing the account creation procedure, move on to the next stage.
Steps To Check The Application Status
In order to Check the application status, Follow the given below step are:-
- Visit the official website Ejanma or Click ont the link https://ejanma.karnataka.gov.in/
- The website’s main page will show up on your screen.
- Select the Application Status tab.
- There will be two options available on a new screen: a. Registration Number; b. Sakala Number
- Select a selection from the available choices.
- Type in the required information.
- Finally, enter the captcha code and press the submit button.
How To Login into the Portal
The straightforward instructions listed below must be followed by users in order to access the Karnataka login portal:
- Go to https://ejanma.karnataka.gov.in, the official website.
- Your screen will display the website’s homepage.
- Select the “Login” option.
- Screen time will be spent viewing the login page.
- Input the password and username.
- Once that is done, click the Login button and input the captcha code.
Steps To Download Certificate On The portal
Here are the easy steps that users should take to download the certificate from Ejanma Karnataka:
- Visit the official website at https://ejanma.karnataka.gov.in/.
- Find the “Download Certificate” tab From the home page of the protol.
- online death certificate for Karnataka
- The screen will open to a new page with two options.
- Instructions for downloading a birth certificate
- Instructions for downloading the death certificate
- To download the certificate, select an option.
Steps for Birth/Death Verification on the Portal
Use these easy methods to confirm a birth or death:
- Select the Verification of Birth/Death tab.
- A new page with the choices Birth and Death will be displayed to you.
- Based on your needs, select the suitable solution.
- Give the relevant information.
- Sort the captcha code in.
- Press the “Search” button to continue.
Does Karnataka allow for the late registration of birth or death certificates?
Any birth or death that is not recorded within a year of its occurrence may only be registered by the order of a First Class or Presidency Magistrate, and only after a charge of Rs. 10/-(Rupees Ten only) has been paid in late fees.
Ejanma Portal serves as a vital tool for efficient birth and death data management in the state. Launched in mid-2014, it offers user-friendly services, ensuring transparency, time savings, and digital record preservation. The portal’s benefits include simplified registration, accessibility, and streamlined verification processes, marking a significant leap towards a digitized and reliable data system in Karnataka.
Read More Blogs: Dak Karmayogi :Transforming Indian Post Office Workforce